My cookies have been coming out flat lately thought I was over mixing hand mixed latest batch still flat. HELP PLZ

asked by iris shame over 5 years ago

It sounds like your baking powder (or soda) might be too old -- here's how to test: http://www.food52.com/blog...

a Whole Foods Market Customer

Your baking powder may be old. Stir 1 tsp into 1/2 c very hot water. If it doesn't bubble immediately, replace it. Baking powder is only good for about 6 months once opened.

KatyM

My troubleshooter when it comes to baking is to let the dough "chill out". This is an especially important step for cookie dough! Chilling the dough is a great trick for spread prevention. Anywhere from half an hour to overnight has done the trick for me, but longer isn't harmful.