Your personal shoppers, leaving home not required. Shop gift guides »
🔕 🔔

I am pretty sure I mixed up the baking soda/power amounts in a batch of cookies. Is this going to totally mess me up? Dough is chilling in the fridge now.

asked by KitchenLittle almost 6 years ago
73cd846c b69c 41fe 8f8b 7a3aa8dd3b93  desert

Sorry, but in my opinion there is nothing to do at this point but bake and see what the outcome is. Good luck!

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

I agree with anyone--just bake a few and see what happens! You could double the rest of the ingredients and reverse the baking powder and soda to balance but you'd have to be sure that you mixed them up in the first place. Good luck!

22b9ddc9 fc61 48a3 949e dee341974288  liz and dad

Depending on how much of the two you used, that could either be a disaster or a happy accident. I agree, no way of knowing until you bake and see! Good luck!

C45c94a0 2e08 45bf a73c 4235d1b3c4bb  image

Did the recipe call for soda and you used powder? I think it means your cookies might puff too much and be cakey? If that's what happens in your test batch you might try rolling the dough real thin - btwn wax paper if need be, or lots of flour on your surface and pin. Cut into squares and bake those and see if the puff/thinness cancel each other out... Baking powder is baking soda plus cream of tartar (acidity) so if you double up your recipe you could reduce whatever the acid is in your recipe(perhaps molasses). Good luck!