Need a recipe for a brioche bun

Im looking for a good dough recipe that will make a good bun for my Thai bacon sliders. When I searched the site for "brioche". I saw lots of recipes USING brioche but no recipes FOR making brioche...also any other suggestions for making a good slider bun. I was thinking brioche or Hawaiian type breads...but open to other suggestions.

asked by lorigoldsby about 6 years ago

former Community Editor

There's a recipe on the site for brioche rolls that might work for you: http://www.food52.com/recipes...

darksideofthespoon

I'm a big fan of my Brioche recipe (obviously, haha.) I added mine to the site. I hope you try it!

lorigoldsby

Your recipe looks lovely (and quick) but as a newbie bread baker...most recipes for brioche call for the dough to be degassed, chilled and then a 2nd rise. Is there a science behind this? I need the bun to hold a slider patty, a T of broccoli slaw and a piece of glazed bacon.

I use Peter Reinhart's recipe from The Bread Baker's Apprentice for buns both slider-size and larger. If you'd like it, just email me and I'll gladly send it to you.

lorigoldsby

Boulangere--did you get my message? would love for you to send it (and with any of your helpful hints!) this week...need to make dough Thursday if it must be refrigerated overnight.

luvcookbooks
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

Nancy Silverton is my go to for baking recipes. I own her books but can also find a lot of her recipes using google search. Buena suerte!

lorigoldsby

Thanks everyone! I'm going to experiment with a couple of these on Monday!