🔕 🔔

Roasted chicken 2 lb double roaster with potatoes and carrots ... What temp and how long ??? My potatoes never cook

asked by Lu over 5 years ago

Nozlee Samadzadeh

2 lbs is on the light side for a chicken, so I would set it on top of the potatoes and carrots and roast it at 350 degrees until the thigh meat registers 165 degrees on a thermometer. Check every half hour or so until done!

If your potatoes aren't done, then you can remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest on the counter (which is good for the chicken before serving anyway) while the potatoes continue to roast.

Let us know what you end up doing!

JanetFL

I usually cut my potatoes in half (or in quarters if they are large) - that might help.