what are good uses for leftover chili? foodpickle

asked by @shultzerton about 8 years ago

gingerroot

One of my favorite ways to use leftover chili is to make a tamale pie using masa harina. Basically you make a masa dough (masa, butter, salt and slowly incorporate water) and then layer it in the bottom of a baking dish as the "crust." You can top it with the chili and then cheese, or whatever else you want to add. Bake it until the dough is cooked, chili heated, cheese melted - and you have a delicious tamale pie.

How about Seven Layer Dip, or a jazzed up version of Shepherd's Pie?

yeattsie

Put about a cup's worth in a freezer bag and freeze. Next time you have a cookout - instant hot dog chili!

betteirene

I don't usually have enough leftover chili to do anything substantial with it, so I stretch it by making chili-cheese fries, chili-cheese baked potatoes with sour cream, chili omelets, chili cheeseburgers or cheese dogs.

on a baked potato, with cheese!

Kitchen Butterfly

i've made a quick lasagne; cheats ravioli and stuffed pasta shells http://www.kitchenbutterfly.com/2010/01/06/quick-easy-pasta-recipes/. Recipes are also on food 52

Mix with shredded cheese, quinoa or rice, and stuff into a parcooked pepper, then heat till cheese is melty. Top with sour cream, cilantro.

Cincinnati style . . . over cooked spaghetti, and topped with grated sharp cheddar. Some people -- I'm not among them -- also add some chopped raw onion. Especially tasty when eaten at the ballpark in Cincinnati, when the Cards are in town. ;o) P.S. I really like gingerroot's suggestion!