🔕 🔔

Providence RI restaurant suggestions

We will be on Providence overnight next weekend and are looking for restaurant suggestions. It will be me, my husband and our 13 year old son who has a pretty good palate compared to most 13 year olds.Nothing stuffy or super expensive. Stopping at the Wild Colonial first so we'll be in jeans, sweaters, etc.Any thoughts?

asked by lumberqueen almost 5 years ago

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

I was recently in Providence for a night and Al Forno didn't disappoint. We went late and there was no wait. Get a baked pasta and a grilled pizza to share and maybe one more thing. And dessert. Lastnightsdinner also recommended www.farmsteadinc.com and www.newriversrestaurant..., which I'm hitting next time!

Edfe409e 4744 406a 98e8 9c239638ad31  img 1965

I didn't see this before I answered, but Farmstead is amazing! Such good sandwiches and the restaurant for dinner is wonderful too. I also remember loving New Rivers!

31cf169d f83a 458c 9946 a9a0311207c3  cumberland pass atv trip july 20 2013 019

We had great Italian food at Camille's. We were there for lunch and were dressed casually. You can check their website:
http://www.camillesonthehill...

I went to college in Providence, and I was never super impressed by Al Forno, but I feel like I might have hit it on a bad night or two. My favorite restaurant is La Laiterie, also highly recommend their cafe (Farmstead) for lunch. I also like Hemenway's for seafood, and New Rivers downtown is really good too.

For non-fancy recommendations, I'd look at www.roadfood.com. (Just type in Providence, RI.) Jane and Michael Stern are regularly on NPR.

Bb911bcd 2446 4d8f 848f cdc2090e999a  leaf cake

http://www.crazyburger...

A cute place on the beach. Great for lunch and satisfies all tastes - carnivore, vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free. A little out of town - but great for a day trip.

I second (or third) Al Forno and Farmstead. Also don't miss East Side Pockets for great falafel!

Fbc31129 dd77 4f50 92da 5ddc4a29c892  summer 2010 1048

I second La Laiterie!