🔕 🔔

I bought local honeycomb because I had it on a cheese plate and it was phenomenal, and crunchy. This honeycomb is waxy and I can't find any r

asked by Dana M L over 5 years ago

Honeycomb is typically waxy so it sounds like what you bought is ok. Wonder if, perhaps, what you had on the cheese plate had crystallized.

Served it on a cheese plate, it probably was natural honeycomb - that maybe crystallized as Amanda suggested. But just wanted to mention that there's an old fashioned candy called 'honeycomb crunch,' that I think is basically honey heated to some point (maybe caramelized,) mixed with baking soda, cooled and broken into pieces. It's very crunchy. Anyway, probably not what you were served with cheese, so just for what it's worth.