🔕 🔔

My cookies always go flat and crunchy. How do I get fluffy soft cookies?

I always follow the recipes on the chocolate chip bag, but some how my cookies always go flat and crunchy. Can you help me find a recipe for fluffy and soft cookies?

asked by Princess Beauty almost 5 years ago

C45c94a0 2e08 45bf a73c 4235d1b3c4bb  image

Any chance your oven could be off? If your oven runs a little hot or if the dough gets too warm the cookies will spread too much and get flat. Crunchy probably means you are using butter and/or maybe shortening? I'd suggest getting a thermometer to hang inside your oven to see if the temperature is accurate. And if you replace a 1/2 cup of the butter with a 1/3 cup vegetable oil your cookies will be softer (I do this all the time). Also really cream the butter and sugars together well with an electric mixer before adding the oil for fluffiness. Increasing the brown sugar to 1 cup and decreasing the white sugar to a 1/2 cup will get them softer too. I hope these tricks are helpful ;)

I posted a recipe here that basically covers what I mentioned: http://food52.com/recipes...

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

Here's a chocolate chip cookie recipe that always comes out chewy.
http://www.marthastewart...