Sign up for the Secret Holiday Swap 2012

EDIT: SIGN UP HERE: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dC0tUjNjZHVFUDNIVThoQi11UDRRbVE6MQ#gid=0

I'm thinking about opening up the sign-up form again for the Secret Swap in November. Are people interested? Anyone have any suggestions for what can be done differently this year? This year I'm thinking of using Tumblr so we can update pictures of some of the packages getting sent in real-time.

Last year we had a swap with >100 Food52ers exchanging treats across the country (and across the world!) . Everyone who was interested was matched with another Food52er to send some holiday cheer in the form of baked goods, candies, preserves etc...
Check here to see some of the treats from last year: http://food52.com/blog...

• Posted by: enbe
  • October 30, 2012

SKK October 30, 2012

Am so glad you are heading this up again! Perhaps you could include the link from last year that specifically talked about this great project so the new people know what is available. Count me in. This surprises santa swap was a highlight in our family and I still have the note from my Secret Santa. Count me in, enbe!

enbe
enbe October 30, 2012

Silly me, of course more information was needed! Thanks :)

beyondcelery
beyondcelery October 30, 2012

Oh, I can't wait to participate again this year! You're awesome, enbe. I'd be lying if I said my late-summer preserving wasn't influenced slightly by thoughts of this exchange... =)

SeaJambon
SeaJambon October 30, 2012

Count me in; this was great fun last year!

Midge
Midge October 30, 2012

I missed out on the fun last year so I'm glad you are up for another round. I'm in!

garlic&lemon
garlic&lemon October 30, 2012

Thanks for being ready to coordinate this again, enbe. Your organizational prowess is awesome! I was already thinking about what to gather, cook, package for my secret recipient, hoping you would do this again. It was fun!

LLStone
LLStone October 30, 2012

It was so fun, and I would absolutely love to participate in 2012! Thanks, enbe, for offering to coordinate this again!

boulangere October 30, 2012

I was just thinking about this the other day, and hoping you would step in again this year because last year was so joyful. The idea of including Tumblr is lovely. Thank you, Enbe, for spreading the joy again.

sweetlolo
sweetlolo October 31, 2012

Love this idea. I didn't see this last year, but would love to play this year.

PistachioDoughnut
PistachioDoughnut October 31, 2012

I missed this last year by few days, and immediately I made a list for 2012 secret swap about what I would be sending? I lost that list :)- Now will make a new one ..I am in and excited. Yay..

SKK October 31, 2012

Enbe, what do you need from us to get started on this? You did a brilliant job last year and I can't think of a way to improve it.

SKK October 31, 2012

belfman
belfman October 31, 2012

I would absolutely love to participate and thank you for taking this on. I have been waiting to participate all year. Another nice way to put a group together is through Flikr.

enbe
enbe November 1, 2012

@SKK nothing for now. I'll set up the sign-up and advertise it sometime in early November and hopefully send everyone their matches around Thanksgiving weekend. We still have time, I'm just procrastinating getting ready for some big meetings this week ;) Oops.

Panfusine
Panfusine November 1, 2012

I'm in but totally disabled bysandy w/o power till 5th

enbe
enbe November 1, 2012

@Panfusine: Oh no! I hope everything is ok by you otherwise and you get power soon!

petitbleu
petitbleu November 2, 2012

Sounds like a plan! I'd love to join!

Niknud
Niknud November 2, 2012

Count me in! Just got back and can't wait to get back to food52-ing it!

Bevi
Bevi November 2, 2012

Yes!

fiveandspice
fiveandspice November 2, 2012

Ooh, yay! Count me in too!

hardlikearmour November 2, 2012

I'm in! No suggestions, though, everything seemed to go smoothly for me last year.

luvcookbooks
luvcookbooks November 3, 2012

Have been thinking about this for weeks, my favorite gift exchange of last year!! Thank you!!!

Reiney
Reiney November 3, 2012

What a fun thing to do! I'd love to join!

lorigoldsby
lorigoldsby November 3, 2012

Looking forward to participating again this year....while the joy was in the giving (the receiving wasn't bad!!).....just a word to the newbies...please post that you received your package...I was frantic for several weeks because my recipient was "too busy" to post. We all enjoy reading about the wonderful and creative ideas that come from this....and we keep checking the site daily.

calendargirl
calendargirl November 3, 2012

This was such a lovely project, so happy you are up for coordinating it again, enbe! Thank you, thank you!

cookinginvictoria
cookinginvictoria November 6, 2012

I would love to do this again too! Enbe, is it too much of a hassle to include us international food52ers again? You did an amazing job coordinating this event last year. Really delighted to hear that you are up for doing it again. The food52 secret swap (both the giving and receiving) was one of my favorite things about the holidays last year! :)

AntoniaJames November 6, 2012

Wonderful!! Please count me in. And thank you so much!!! ;o)

gingerroot
gingerroot November 7, 2012

Oh, Enbe! I'm in again, adding to the choir!! You are so fantastic. The Secret Swap is beyond fantastic. Can't believe it's already that time again.

LucyS
LucyS November 7, 2012

I didn't get to play last year but I'd love to this year! Looks like so much fun!

micook
micook November 7, 2012

I did it last year and can't wait to do it again. BTW, in response to one question: My Secret Santa was in Ireland and, worried about customs, she didn't send home-made treats but Irish favorites. It was a great treat.

micook
micook November 7, 2012

enbe
enbe November 8, 2012

Here is the sign-up sheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dC0tUjNjZHVFUDNIVThoQi11UDRRbVE6MQ

Spread the word!

enbe
enbe November 8, 2012

Here is the sign-up sheet:

Spread the word!

SKK November 8, 2012

Thanks, enbe. I just filled this out! How exciting. And will you let us know where to upload photos? Thought that was another great idea of yours.

enbe
enbe November 8, 2012

@cookinginvictoria: Yes everyone is welcome! This year, however, I'm not going to try to organize anyone within country (because most countries only had one person! And it got to be a mess). So, unfortunately, if you're international i can't promise you'll get someone within your country. I hope that's okay!