Sign up for the Secret Holiday Swap 2012

EDIT: SIGN UP HERE: https://docs.google.com...

I'm thinking about opening up the sign-up form again for the Secret Swap in November. Are people interested? Anyone have any suggestions for what can be done differently this year? This year I'm thinking of using Tumblr so we can update pictures of some of the packages getting sent in real-time.

Last year we had a swap with >100 Food52ers exchanging treats across the country (and across the world!) . Everyone who was interested was matched with another Food52er to send some holiday cheer in the form of baked goods, candies, preserves etc...
Check here to see some of the treats from last year: http://food52.com/blog...

asked by enbe over 5 years ago

Am so glad you are heading this up again! Perhaps you could include the link from last year that specifically talked about this great project so the new people know what is available. Count me in. This surprises santa swap was a highlight in our family and I still have the note from my Secret Santa. Count me in, enbe!

enbe

Silly me, of course more information was needed! Thanks :)

beyondcelery

Oh, I can't wait to participate again this year! You're awesome, enbe. I'd be lying if I said my late-summer preserving wasn't influenced slightly by thoughts of this exchange... =)

SeaJambon

Count me in; this was great fun last year!

Midge

I missed out on the fun last year so I'm glad you are up for another round. I'm in!

garlic&lemon

Thanks for being ready to coordinate this again, enbe. Your organizational prowess is awesome! I was already thinking about what to gather, cook, package for my secret recipient, hoping you would do this again. It was fun!

LLStone

It was so fun, and I would absolutely love to participate in 2012! Thanks, enbe, for offering to coordinate this again!

I was just thinking about this the other day, and hoping you would step in again this year because last year was so joyful. The idea of including Tumblr is lovely. Thank you, Enbe, for spreading the joy again.

sweetlolo

Love this idea. I didn't see this last year, but would love to play this year.

PistachioDoughnut

I missed this last year by few days, and immediately I made a list for 2012 secret swap about what I would be sending? I lost that list :)- Now will make a new one ..I am in and excited. Yay..

Enbe, what do you need from us to get started on this? You did a brilliant job last year and I can't think of a way to improve it.

belfman

I would absolutely love to participate and thank you for taking this on. I have been waiting to participate all year. Another nice way to put a group together is through Flikr.

enbe

@SKK nothing for now. I'll set up the sign-up and advertise it sometime in early November and hopefully send everyone their matches around Thanksgiving weekend. We still have time, I'm just procrastinating getting ready for some big meetings this week ;) Oops.

Panfusine

I'm in but totally disabled bysandy w/o power till 5th

enbe

@Panfusine: Oh no! I hope everything is ok by you otherwise and you get power soon!

petitbleu

Sounds like a plan! I'd love to join!

Niknud
Niknud

Rachael is a trusted home cook.

Count me in! Just got back and can't wait to get back to food52-ing it!

Bevi

Yes!

fiveandspice
fiveandspice

Emily is a trusted source on Scandinavian Cuisine.

Ooh, yay! Count me in too!

I'm in! No suggestions, though, everything seemed to go smoothly for me last year.

luvcookbooks
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

Have been thinking about this for weeks, my favorite gift exchange of last year!! Thank you!!!

Reiney
Reiney

Sarah is a trusted source on General Cooking.

What a fun thing to do! I'd love to join!

lorigoldsby

Looking forward to participating again this year....while the joy was in the giving (the receiving wasn't bad!!).....just a word to the newbies...please post that you received your package...I was frantic for several weeks because my recipient was "too busy" to post. We all enjoy reading about the wonderful and creative ideas that come from this....and we keep checking the site daily.

calendargirl

This was such a lovely project, so happy you are up for coordinating it again, enbe! Thank you, thank you!

cookinginvictoria

I would love to do this again too! Enbe, is it too much of a hassle to include us international food52ers again? You did an amazing job coordinating this event last year. Really delighted to hear that you are up for doing it again. The food52 secret swap (both the giving and receiving) was one of my favorite things about the holidays last year! :)

Wonderful!! Please count me in. And thank you so much!!! ;o)

gingerroot

Oh, Enbe! I'm in again, adding to the choir!! You are so fantastic. The Secret Swap is beyond fantastic. Can't believe it's already that time again.

LucyS

I didn't get to play last year but I'd love to this year! Looks like so much fun!

micook

I did it last year and can't wait to do it again. BTW, in response to one question: My Secret Santa was in Ireland and, worried about customs, she didn't send home-made treats but Irish favorites. It was a great treat.

micook

enbe

Here is the sign-up sheet:
https://docs.google.com...

Spread the word!

enbe

Here is the sign-up sheet:
https://docs.google.com...

Spread the word!

Thanks, enbe. I just filled this out! How exciting. And will you let us know where to upload photos? Thought that was another great idea of yours.

enbe

@cookinginvictoria: Yes everyone is welcome! This year, however, I'm not going to try to organize anyone within country (because most countries only had one person! And it got to be a mess). So, unfortunately, if you're international i can't promise you'll get someone within your country. I hope that's okay!