🔕 🔔

How many cups are in a gallon?

asked by Stephanie Bedilion over 5 years ago

Kenzi Wilbur
Kenzi Wilbur

Kenzi is the Managing Editor of Food52.

16 cups are in one gallon.

Drew Parma

For the visual learners, here's a diagram I found to be really helpful: http://healingcrohnsdisease...
Sure, you might know that it's 16 cups from what others have mentioned here, but you'll also want to "see it" when it comes to the relationship between cups, gallons, quarts, and pints (that's where the fun part comes in!).

jsdunbar

That's a US gallon. In Canada we used to use quarts & gallons, in the same ratio, but with Imperial measure: 5 cups per quart, 4 quarts per gallon, so 20 cups per gallon. If you are using a Canadian or British recipe, this is your answer.

There are 4 fluid cups to one quart. There are 4 fluid quarts to one gallon. 4 x 4 = 16.

Adilson Fernandes

To calculate a value in gallons to the corresponding value in cups, just multiply the quantity in gallons by 16 (the conversion factor).

Value in cups = value in gallons × 16

source: http://www.howmany.wiki...

Chris Witt

In preparation for a colonoscopy, it is recommended drinking 8 glasses of water 3 days and 2 days prior to the procedure. Well how many ounces in a glass of water? a glass of water is also referred to as a cup of water (8 ounces). So I asked the internet how many cups in a gallon and right away it tried to think what I was asking and quoted so many ounces in... That's not what I asked, In a gallon how many cups of water are there and again it gave me this high technological answer of... I don't want to have to think about this, just tell me. So thanks for your simple answer of how many cups of water are in a gallon. It might take me a while to measure out 196 tablespoons and I might loose track as I'm keeping score on a clipboard. Chris Witt of Bremerton WA.

chef2222

How big is the cup?

cat
cat

16 cups

Michigan Jones

Idk that’s why I searched it up we googled it cause we don’t know this stupid

Tara Mommyoftymarionandtashyla Richardson

1/16

Emma
added about 1 month ago

16+16=32

Im yo masteh

16 cups