🔕 🔔

How many cups is 1/2 pounds of confectioner's sugar?

asked by kkrueger over 6 years ago

One pound of powdered sugar is about 3-3/4 cups measured (between 3-1/2 and 4 cups.) Sor for 1/2 pound, use 1-7/8th cup.

I disagree with the first answer because powdered sugar comes in weight which does not always compute to fluid ounces such as a cup measure.

32fb3935 151a 4db2 ac26 980d4c0d5cea  lorigoldsby

I agree with nutcakes (although I haven't gotten out the measuring cups to check her math!). ...the confusion may have come because powdered sugar used to be sold in boxes by the pound. Many recipes would call for a box or pound of confectioner's (powdered) sugar. So you knew to use a half box or whole box...

27e464b9 6273 420b 9546 d6ed6ae12929  anita date
Anitalectric

Anita is a vegan pastry chef & founder of Electric Blue Baking Co. in Brooklyn.

I would use 2.

22b9ddc9 fc61 48a3 949e dee341974288  liz and dad

Yep, my bag of confec. sugar says 1/4 cup = about 1 oz. So 2 cups = about a 1/2 pound of 10x.

If you're not able to weigh it, fluff it up really well before measuring it.