how long should I cook chicken thighs in the oven at 450 degrees?

asked by sajamar11 almost 8 years ago

It depends on their weight and whether or not they're at room temperature when they go in the oven. I'd start checking them after 20 minutes.

healthierkitchen

I usually use 400 degrees and it's about 30 to 35 minutes. Also depends on if there is a bone and if they're really large.

Jeanine

no more than 40 mins

Ed ROLLINS

Why should i cook at 450 degrees?Is it for less steam?I have cooked chicken at this temp it's good but never understood why.Now i cooked a 5lb. bird @450 for 1hr 30 min. How do i figure out a bird 8lbs it's time.Or just 18 min a lb?Thanks in advance..