one pan roasted chicken and potatoes recipe - laura in the kitchen

This recipe calls for drumstick and thighs to be cooked in the oven at 425 for 1 hour. I only have boneless skinless chicken thighs. should I cook it using the same temperature and time? Also, it says to use 1/3 cup of oil in the marinade which i think is to make the skin crispy. should i still use as much oil for skinless chicken?

asked by lena about 2 years ago

I would keep the temperature the same but boneless, skinless chicken thighs will cook much quicker. Probably 20 minutes, so take them out when done (best to use a thermometer), and continue to cook the potatoes. Or, maybe you can start the potatoes and add them to the pan of potatoes at 35-40 minute mark.

lena

the recipe does not say how much salt i should use.

I would sprinkle kosher salt liberally to the chicken and potatoes before placing in the oven.

lena

i don't have kosher salt

then sprinkle lightly with table salt (& pepper on the chicken) and potatoes. Taste for seasoning after the dish comes out of the oven.