🔕 🔔

spoilage

I left a spoon in my three bean salad and stored it in the refridgerator. When I uncovered the salad a day later the spoon was discolored (turned a darker color). The spoon stipulates it is a imperial stainless steel made in china. Should the three bean salad be thrown out or would it not be harmed by the mistake.

asked by bondi about 5 years ago

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

I suspect the beans are okay - the beans stained the spoon, the spoon has done nothing to the beans.

I agree with bigpan. It's probably an acid reaction between the beans and the "stainless". At worst you might have a little more iron in your beans.