🔕 🔔

Best coconut milk

I'm making a Seafood Stew with yellow curry and coconut milk. The recipe calls for real coconut milk and there are soooooooo many on the market. Please recommend the best since it is such a main ingredient in the special stew. Thank You!!

asked by tbrooks almost 5 years ago

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

Thai Kitchen is a really good brand of coconut milk

I make my own!! No funny tastes and much more cost effective. I use dry unsweetened coconut. ;o)

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

I used to make my own too, but now I stock Chao Koh.

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

Thai Kitchen is good. There's another from the Asian market I use....at first it seems 'cheaper'
And has a fat disk in the can. But the flavor is much better. The Thai Kitchen while good is more homogenous. http://www.foodservicefiresale...
Ah..that one. Chaokoh.
@hardlikearmour (fist bump).

A4193e84 5c13 421d aeb9 f589dd2a81c0  ruthyk sm
Omeletta

Ruthy is a Recipe Tester for Food52

Thai Kitchen is great quality. I'm partial to Goya in a pinch though! Have never had any complaints :)

Thanks everyone!! Jade Mountain was recommended but I can't find it anywhere in Seattle.

Bac35f8c 0352 46fe 95e3 57de4b652617  p1291120

In Seattle, the Trader Joe's version is pretty nice.