Best coconut milk

I'm making a Seafood Stew with yellow curry and coconut milk. The recipe calls for real coconut milk and there are soooooooo many on the market. Please recommend the best since it is such a main ingredient in the special stew. Thank You!!

asked by tbrooks about 6 years ago

Thai Kitchen is a really good brand of coconut milk

I make my own!! No funny tastes and much more cost effective. I use dry unsweetened coconut. ;o)

I used to make my own too, but now I stock Chao Koh.

Thai Kitchen is good. There's another from the Asian market I use....at first it seems 'cheaper'
And has a fat disk in the can. But the flavor is much better. The Thai Kitchen while good is more homogenous. http://www.foodservicefiresale.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=COCONUTMILK&Click=80233
Ah..that one. Chaokoh.
@hardlikearmour (fist bump).

Omeletta
Omeletta

Ruthy is a Recipe Tester for Food52

Thai Kitchen is great quality. I'm partial to Goya in a pinch though! Have never had any complaints :)

tbrooks

Thanks everyone!! Jade Mountain was recommended but I can't find it anywhere in Seattle.

SeaJambon

In Seattle, the Trader Joe's version is pretty nice.