🔕 🔔

Gluten free flour substitute

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 5 years ago

a Whole Foods Market Customer

If you're looking for a dependable gluten-free, all-purpose flour, I recommend the blend from Bob's Red Mill: http://www.bobsredmill...

SeaJambon

It really depends on what you are cooking. Personally, if making a dessert (cookie, cake, that kind of thing) I find Bob's use of bean flours in their blend to produce too "beany" of a flavor that comes through. So, fine in most savory applications, but not my preference in sweet.

For sweet, you might try the new "Cup 4 cup" (I haven't tried it, as it has dairy -- whey), as I've heard good things about that. Otherwise, look for flour blends on the internet that don't use bean flours.