🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Riz Au Lait

753532b3 346f 4792 812a 37edbf4c1bd8  rice with sugar blog 1053

I have a question about step 1 on the recipe "Riz Au Lait" from Oui, Chef. It says:

"Place the rice in a medium saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil. Stir the rice a few times to knock any starch loose, then pour the rice through a strainer, run under warm water to rinse, and place back in the pan. Add 1 cup of the cream, the 2 cups of milk and the vanilla seeds and pods. Bring to a boil over medium -high heat, then lower to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the 1 cup sugar, stir and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Remove the vanilla pods before serving." How much sugar?

Pat is a trusted home cook.

asked about 5 years ago

53573b8d 4bf0 4ffd 843d b2e617cfeb6b  dscn3274
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

I'm sorry...I meant to say that the ingredient list listd 1/4 cup sugar and yet in step one, Oui. Chef says to add 1 cup sugar. Which amount is correct? Thanks!

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

I'm guessing you saw the answer at the recipe, but in case you didn't the 1/4 cup is correct.

inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

Thanks HLA! As they used to say.."My Bad".. I didn't read the comments.