A question about a recipe: Riz Au Lait

I have a question about step 1 on the recipe "Riz Au Lait" from Oui, Chef. It says:

"Place the rice in a medium saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil. Stir the rice a few times to knock any starch loose, then pour the rice through a strainer, run under warm water to rinse, and place back in the pan. Add 1 cup of the cream, the 2 cups of milk and the vanilla seeds and pods. Bring to a boil over medium -high heat, then lower to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the 1 cup sugar, stir and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Remove the vanilla pods before serving." How much sugar?

753532b3 346f 4792 812a 37edbf4c1bd8  rice with sugar blog 1053
Recipe question for: Riz Au Lait

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen November 9, 2012

I'm sorry...I meant to say that the ingredient list listd 1/4 cup sugar and yet in step one, Oui. Chef says to add 1 cup sugar. Which amount is correct? Thanks!

hardlikearmour November 9, 2012

I'm guessing you saw the answer at the recipe, but in case you didn't the 1/4 cup is correct.

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen November 9, 2012

Thanks HLA! As they used to say.."My Bad".. I didn't read the comments.