A question about a recipe: Butternut Squash and Cider Soup: 1993

E0e93bda 5386 4bfe b886 8815953566db  2014 1031 soup miso bowl 005

I have a question about the ingredient "cups peeled, seeded and cubed butternut squash" on the recipe "Butternut Squash and Cider Soup: 1993" from amanda. roast

asked by joslater about 6 years ago

I'd defer o Amanda, but just to consider - the recipe calls for 3 cups of cubed squash. If you're going to roast a whole squash you want to make sure you have an equivalent amount of squash.

I'd roast a small to medium squash -- and in step 2 where you simmer it for 20 minutes, you won't need to cook it for this long, since the squash is already cooked. More like 5 minutes.