How can i use Twinkies?

So by now you may know that Hostess is going out of business. I was never really a big fan of their super sugary pastries but their Twinkies do have a certain kind of nostalgia to them. So as I was shopping for groceries today I decided to grab a box. My question is, what are some creative ways to cook or bake with Twinkies? Maybe deep/pan fry them? Hah, that sounds like a wonderful way to get my heart going.

asked by emartinez3 over 5 years ago

Why make a trifle with the Twinkies? Like a chocolate trifle using chocolate pudding, whipped cream, choc chips. Or, a strawberry trifle with vanilla custard/pudding, strawberry jam and then whipped cream.

twinkie sushi rolls

Reiney
Reiney

Sarah is a trusted source on General Cooking.

They make a great addition to your nuclear holocaust survival kit.

(Or a trifle)

brandon

dehydrate them and make like a fuilletine type topping or something.

lloreen

Twinkie bread pudding?

haha. i bought a box of devil dogs, ring dings and cupcakes today. you know, for the zombie apocalypse. Twinkies were sold out. :(

Fried twinkies are awesome. Also, frozen twinkies are great. Or shove an popsicle stick up one end and dip them in chocolate ganache.

Diana B
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

I understand the filling can be used as envelope glue...

Bill F

Bomb shelter?

Deep fry, yes. But wrap them in bacon first.

emartinez3

I'm not sure if you're from Texas but that's how we do it here at the state fair of Texas.

ATG117

I haven't read too much about what caused the bankruptcy and the strike before that., Is it possible to be hopeful that this may signal a change in consumer's snack food preferences? I'm guessing wishful thinking given all the similar products out there that seem to be doing just fine.

Diana B
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

Make your own; I wouldn't say they're that much healthier, but at least you'd know what goes into them: http://www.sheknows.com...

Bill F

hA!

mensaque

We don't have Twinkies in Brazil...well,not Hostess' Twinkies,but we have AnaMaria by Pullman.Don't know if they're alike in taste,but they look just like Twinkies and I not ashamed to say I've been in love with them ever since I was a kid.And here they come in many flavours:my fave is chocolate cake with vanilla filling.Also don't know if AnaMaria would make good a post-apocalyptic snak,cause it does have an expiration date(but they say the end is near,so...LOL)...anyway,if you believe those news were not just an attempt to increase sales and you think you'll miss Twinkies,I'm sure you could find some site to buy AnaMarias on-line!Good luck!