Lemon cream

I made Dorie Greenspan's lemon cream tart filling and the it is too soupy (has been in the fridge a few hours and is not thickening). Any ideas for how I might salvage it?

asked by Danapril over 5 years ago

Here's a post by Dorie about people having trouble getting the cream to thicken properly, and some tips -- sounds like it's the same tart. Probably more helpful for the next time you make this. How about turning it into a lemon mousse tart? You could whip some heavy cream and then gently fold in the lemon cream for a firmer tart filling.

Oops! Here's the link to the post: http://doriegreenspan.com...

Danapril

Thank you - I made it last thanksgiving and it was so good - I will try folding in whipped cream. Thanks again.