Presale! 2 new cookbooks from Food52. Claim your signed copies »
🔕 🔔

Lemon cream

I made Dorie Greenspan's lemon cream tart filling and the it is too soupy (has been in the fridge a few hours and is not thickening). Any ideas for how I might salvage it?

asked by Danapril about 4 years ago
Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

Here's a post by Dorie about people having trouble getting the cream to thicken properly, and some tips -- sounds like it's the same tart. Probably more helpful for the next time you make this. How about turning it into a lemon mousse tart? You could whip some heavy cream and then gently fold in the lemon cream for a firmer tart filling.

Oops! Here's the link to the post: http://doriegreenspan.com...

Thank you - I made it last thanksgiving and it was so good - I will try folding in whipped cream. Thanks again.

Join Our Email List!

Inbox Inspiration:

Our newsletter is brimming with recipes and features that have us talking—dive in!

A Joyful Home:

Sign up to get $10 off a first purchase of $50 or more in our shop full of tools & treasures.

Come On In:

Join our humming community and get dibs on events, peeks at new cookbooks, and a surprise or two.