🔕 🔔

Good Candy Making Pan

My 9 yo son and I have just started making candy. We think that the pan we use may be negatively impacting the quality - in some pans we just can't get the sugar temp up to the right place before it burns on the bottom. Are certain kinds of pans better for candy making than others? I'd love to buy my son a special "fool proof" candy pan for his birthday this month - what should it be? What should I avoid? Thanks!

asked by TobiT almost 5 years ago

D347253b 88e5 4ba1 ab1b 7b10260231b2  stringio

I make lots of candy and a heavy duty 5 quart stainless steel works best for me.

Ee6e1f61 c2e2 48b1 b500 bb90cc2c5b83  itsme

When I was doing a lot of sugar work one summer, I found one of my dad's old Corelle stove top saucepans worked beautifully. I think This would be it's closet contemporary iteration. http://goo.gl/ttGjv