Can I make Brown Butter Candied Apple Clafoutis in a springform pan?

Wondering if I can do this in a springform pan? Has anyone tried this

asked by Laurelb almost 6 years ago

peicook

I am anxious to see who will answer this definitively. I always make Clafoutis in a ceramic quiche pan.I really don't see why it would not work except to say that make sure your springform is liquid tight because Clafoutis batter is not thick.

I don't know if it will work (a clafoutis is sort of custardy at its center) - but a clafoutis is traditionally served directly from the dish it's baked in, and is lovely that way, so not sure unmolding it would add much.

As long as your springform pan has a tight seal it should work well -- if you're concerned you can always wrap the outside with a layer of foil to catch drips.