Where can I get good sushi?

6ab22213 8f03 4cb2 b95d af39eec4e2ed  95633 where can i get good sushi

asked by meow_meow_siera about 6 years ago

Ophelia

At a good sushi restaurant. Try looking up reviews for restaurants near where you live.

meow_meow_siera

Okay thanks! Just found this awesome place! :)

bigpan

I wonder what city you are looking for?
Look for a sushi restaurant that is busy and has lots of turn over - meaning sushi is probably fresh.
The best clue is the sushi chef should be at least 35 years old. An apprentice will spend a couple years just learning how to sharpen his knife under guidance from a master.
Also look for variety, if the just have tuna and salmon it is probably McSushi !
When applying to work at a sushi restaurant the chef will often ask the applicant to make him some tomago. A good test. Buy a piece and decide if it is worthwhile staying.

BoulderGalinTokyo

The tamago suggestion is good if you like egg. My daughter doesn't and still eats sushi 2-3 times a week. But bigpan's other suggestions are very accurate, there should be many choices, not just tuna and salmon. Experiment. Octopus has a great texture.