🔕 🔔

can i put jelly into cake batter

asked by begginner almost 5 years ago

I'd suggest perhaps using some type of preserves rather than jelly. I often swirl preserves into muffin batters, so I suspect it would work well in cake batter also. Preserves are going to swirl in better than jelly; think of jelly's "chunky" consistency compared to smoother preserves.

If you are trying to use up jelly, you could make a jelly roll.

A9f88177 5a41 4b63 8669 9e72eb277c1a  waffle3

You can spread jelly like frosting between layers. The best cake I've ever eaten was done that way, liliko'i jelly, I'll never forget it.

Bac35f8c 0352 46fe 95e3 57de4b652617  p1291120

Jelly also works as an EXCELLENT flavor addition to buttercream frosting or icings. Because of the pectin and viscosity of the jelly, you can add it without having to adjust the recipe in other ways to compensate. It is one of my favorite "cheats". I also add jelly as a flavoring to toppings like whipped cream or marscapone cream. Recently won a cooking competition with a "Pomegranate-Orange Marscapone" topping to dark chocolate mousse where the Pom-Orange came from a Pom-Orange jelly.

Congratulations on the win and thanks for that tip. Maybe that was one of the reasons I liked that cake so much.