Substitute for Petit Beurre biscuits

I am looking for a substitute or a close match for Petit Beurre biscuits. Something I can get off the shelf, as I do not have time to order online. I will be using them ground (like a flour) in a cookie recipe. Thanks a bunch! QS

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

asked almost 6 years ago

Droplet

You can try animal crackers. I think they should work for the above-stated purpose.

gilmanco

LU brand on the shelf, Gamesa,Marie are a few readily available, animal crackers are close but not quite the same.

ChezHenry

Lorna Doone cookies will be a perfect substitute, they are buttery shortbread based, and my Mom's choice for a cookie to make a quick pie crust with. They will definitely work and have much more flavor than animal crackers.