dessert for cioppino

Does anyone have a good holiday dessert to recommend to go with cioppino dinner? Kid friendly please! (No tiramisu/things w/ coffee/booze) Thanks in advance!

asked by Lynnht almost 6 years ago

This would be nice complement to cioppino, and it's beautiful to boot: http://www.food52.com/recipes...

PazzoNico

Since cioppino is hot and lacking in texture somewhat, I'd go for a cold dessert with some kind of textural element. Even a good ice cream or gelato would be good and refreshing.

Foodelf

How about Lazy Mary's Lemon Tart http://food52.com/recipes...?

I think the fresh/tartness of this lemony delight would be the perfect finish to a rich cioppino feast.

lloreen

Vanilla panna cotta with a wine and red berry reduction sauce optional for the adults...serve with some crispy wafer cookies.

Lynnht

Thanks for all of your suggestions! If I don't try the pignole bread pudding this time around, I'll definitely try it soon.