🔕 🔔

I want to bake a pumpkin pie using dates and walnuts as the crust, but I got that recipe from a raw cookbook. Can I still use the crust and bake it or will it be ruined? Should I use another crust recipe? I wanted it to be slightly different and a little healthy.
Thanks

asked by JenniferT almost 7 years ago

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

It's difficult to know without seeing the recipe for the raw crust, but my guess is that baking it would be ok because the nuts would simply toast.

Thanks Amanda. The recipe for the crust is simply dates and nuts. The pumpkin part is pretty much a regular pie recipe. Bake for 15 min at 425 then turn it down to 350 and bake unitl the filling is set (35-40 min).

I think you should be ok baking it. You should make sure the crust isn't formed too high above the filling -- parts that are exposed to direct oven heat may burn.