Hi,
Would you happen to have a recipe for a butter cream frosting?
Thanks!

asked by Melkel over 7 years ago

Here's a recipe from Merrill at food52: http://bit.ly/fbin7f

Food o' del Mundo

And Cake Love guy, Warren Brown, has a video: http://www.youtube.com...
I found very helpful the first go around with this WONDERFUL frosting.

KLL5

Not to compete with these experts recipes, but I make a simpler butter cream that I find delightful. All I do, is cream 2 sticks of butter with an electric mixer and add powder sugar by the quarter cup until I reach a desired consistency/sweetness (about a box total). I also add a bit of milk to make it lighter. To flavor, I add a drop of vanilla extract. To make a chocolate version I add a few tablespoons of cocoa- unsweetened is fine because of all the sugar. This version is super easy and fast and delish.

infinitigrl01

here's my recipe for butter cream frosting 1 1/4 c shortening ',1/3 plus 4 tsp water ,1 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract ,5 c confectioners sugar ,1 tbs plus 3/4 tsp meringue powder in a mixer or with hand held mixer combine shortening water & vanilla (blend) in a seperate bowl blen meringue and sugar then add to shortening mixture hope this helps

Melkel

Thanks to everyone who answered my question. It's going to be so hard gto choose! This is all so helpful!