🔕 🔔

Can I make this pasta al forno ahead of time and just brown it before serving?

asked by Reengh over 4 years ago

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

I would defer to Merrill on this but I would make the whole thing, including browning, and then just re-warm when you want to serve

Deac5e85 ab6c 4739 826e c35688e6f154  l1020855

I have done this both ways , Reengh. Because the pasta is only partially cooked, it will soak up a lot of your liquid. You may need to add more milk or cream or broth , regardless of whether you bake it or hold it. It is delicious at room temp,so don't worry if you bake it ahead and hold it. This is a great recipe, and has lots of room for tinkering .

Thank you so much. I like to do as much as possible ahead as it allows more fun for me!