🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Gingerbread Beer Bundt Cake with Chocolate Glaze

D128100e d8ac 47fa 96c3 e09cae659d25  food52 01 08 13 3159

I have a question about the recipe "Gingerbread Beer Bundt Cake with Chocolate Glaze" from janeofmanytrade. Do you mean sorghum syrup or flour? I think you mean syrup as you mention molasses in your intro but just wanted to check. Thanks!

asked by rrcooks over 5 years ago

Hilarybee

Since the Sorghum is listed with the wet ingredients, I think it is liquid sorghum. Generally, when a recipe calls for sorghum it is liquid, as that's its most common form. Sorghum flour is usually listed as such.

I made this cake and I couldn't find sorghum syrup anywhere, so I used molasses for all - it was still fantastic! I did find Lyle's golden syrup and I may use that next time.