🔕 🔔

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

When I'm in that type of quandary I will use the advanced search at Epicurious. It allows to you filter for a variety of things including "quick & easy" and "healthy". http://www.epicurious.com...

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

Many soups are quick and healthy. Here's a link for a bunch to choose from
http://www.marthastewart...

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

I make a cobb salad. With chopped mixed lettuces Romaine, water cress, etc). and Top with rows of cubed avocado, turkey, Bacon (optional), and chopped boiled egg. And chives.
Sometimes, I skip the bacon and turkey and saute a few shrimp for each plate. Marinated in garlic,ginger and soy sauce..dried and dusted with some paprika and fried in clarified butter.

Without knowing what's in your pantry or what you are shopping for this is effing impossible to answer. An omelet is quick and easy but maybe not everyone agrees with me that it's healthy. Toss some smoked salmon in. That's healthy.And quick.

Cf72275c fff5 4c3d 91ff b486112ca91a  stringio
Nancy Harmon Jenkins

Nancy is a food writer, historian, and author of many books, her most recent being Virgin Territory: Exploring the World of Olive Oil, forthcoming from Houghton Mifflin.

What a funny question, Matt. I'm tempted to say: Oh, just slice a fresh tomato and dribble on it some extra-virgin olive oil, sea salt, and a drop or two of aged vinegar. But I suspect you want something more challenging. So melt a clove or two of garlic in some extra-virgin oil, add a 28-ounce can of San Marzano tomatoes, a sprinkle of oregano or fresh chopped parsley or basil, cook down till the tomatoes melt, puree, adjust the seasoning, and maybe add a couple of drops of orange juice or grated zest. Then boil up pasta water, add really fine artisanal pasta (imported dry pasta, I mean, the best), cook till al dente, drain and quickly turn in the sauce. About as healthy as you can get and very very easy. And quick, pasta being the original fast food.

F9b7e6b7 c1e7 4b4e b059 3e4550c2b78c  open uri20130103 17063 6cmnrh 0

Thank you guys for the idea's

Thank you guys for the idea's

1dcc7c21 a794 442f 8a5f 1be76ddd7b94  you doodle 2017 02 12t14 57 20z

Question for Matt. "Healthy" can mean a lot of different things. What kind of healthy is important to you?