🔕 🔔

I ordered the Lalvain du Jour French Sourdough starter from King Arthur Flour and it just arrived.

I was intending to use it to begin a starter in my fridge that I would feed and bake from once a week or so. But this product seems designed to be used only to start a sponge that's used up within 7 days and not continually fed. Can I still use it the way I intended? I'm glutenfree, so getting an already-built starter isn't an option. I've created my own starter before, but I was hoping for a different flavor profile this time around. It was expensive, so I don't want to experiment without at least a few more opinions on the matter.

asked by beyondcelery almost 5 years ago

092efd1a f34b 461d 89b1 f3e76e0ce940  dsc 0028

I would contact King Arthur. They are usually very helpful.

766e7ce3 8394 4788 8337 bbd8a8d3a07e  5.15.11 coconut macaroons best sm

King Arthur Flour sent me this blog post in response:
http://www.kingarthurflour...

I'm sure it works wonderfully, because I already did my own experiment with something close to their method and the results are delicious. (attaching a pic of my bread) My starter's on its third day and still bubbling away happily.

3e6709e7 8975 44aa b02b 61d3e503d30d  20130119 221104

Excellent! Your bread looks wonderful! Thank you for letting us know how it all worked out.