🔕 🔔

I've made beef stock and am clarifying it with an egg-white raft, something I've never done before. How do I know when it's done?

I checked various sources and ended up whipping the eggwhites and putting them on top of the pot of cooled stock and bringing it up to a simmer. How can I tell when the soup is clarified?

asked by Shoshanadh almost 5 years ago

72b8c92f c97c 49cf 8fc2 4b08462521f6  me

If you have already degreased the stock and have the raft there to clarify for a consomme then you will want to keep it at a simmer but you will also want to break a small whole in it so it can let the steam escape thus preventing the raft from breaking up and whatever you do don't let it boil or you will sink the raft.