I recently ordered some grains of paradise from the World Spice Merchants via The Shop here on food52. Now, what do I do with it? Thanks, everyone. ;o)

asked about 8 years ago

I wrote a piece in the Times about grains of paradise (love them!). Hopefully you'll find some ideas in it: http://nyti.ms/cqEPar

Aren't they wonderful? Enter "grains of paradise" in the food52 search engine. There are several recipes here using that ingredient!!

monkeymom

I keep mine in a little peppermill like this (from Crate and Barrel) and use it freshly ground in place of pepper on lots of things. I find it a little milder than regular pepper.

Kitchen Butterfly

Make spicy pb... http://www.food52.com/recipes...

luvcookbooks
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

do you have a copy of Cooking for Mr. Latte? by Amanda Hesser, there are some ideas for using grains of paradise, also you will feel that they are essential in your kitchen and you purchased them in the nick of time.