Question about a recipe: Cardamon Orange Flourless Chocolate Cake

This recipe calls for an 8 inch tart pan. I only have a 10 inch tart pan. Any suggestions? I don't have time to go buy a new pan! I am considering increasing the recipe by 25% and cooking it a little longer. Is this a good idea?

asked by abbyarnold almost 6 years ago

Diana B
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

I don't know the answer to your question, but I was intrigued enough to look up the recipe; I love the instruction to cook until the tart is set and won't "giggle at all." ;)

You could use an 8 inch cake pan if you have one-- I make flourless chocolate cake in a springform pan. A 10 inch pan of the same height has about 33% more volume than an 8 inch pan, so if you use it, increase the ingredients by a third ( the ratio is the radii of the pans squared or 16 to 25).