🔕 🔔

I do not remember how many minutes per pound and at what degrees to cook my turkey that is oiled and put in an oiled brown paper grocery store sack, then stapled shut.

asked by kasi about 7 years ago

Ec89bac4 d90d 46fb a336 04afd14d1e80  img 1958

I have had terrific results cooking Thanksgiving turkey in an oiled (I used peanut oil) paper bag at 400 degrees/10 minutes per pound. The first time a Chef instructor told me about this technique I was sure it would not work...and the anticipation, the first time I tried it was nerve-wracking (especially since you can't see the turkey). But it was a very tasty, moist bird!

I have done this for over 10 years and love the way it turns out, but I lost the cookbook that had the chart in it that told how many minutes per pound...thanks so much. I used just plain ole cooking oil (heart healthy) that I use all the time.

FYI I found the charrt and it is 16=18 minutes per pound for a bird over 12 pounds at 325 degrees