I am looking for cream and all i find is half and half and whipping cream are any of these what I am looking for?

I am making a mustered cream sauce

  • Posted by: Banana#5
  • February 17, 2013


ATL February 17, 2013
Half and half is just that--half milk and half cream. As said before, cream (whipping cream) is what us customarily used in sauces when cream is called for. Sauces don't thicken as well or have the same richness if you sub out half and half for cream --not that you were planning to!
Banana#5 February 17, 2013
Thank you
Merrill S. February 17, 2013
You should be able to use whipping cream if the recipe calls for just "cream."
Recommended by Food52