Great salads/entrees, desserts for an epic Oscar Party-Keep in mind I'm 25 and on a slight budget, (though I'll sacrifice for great food)

Oscar Party Winning Recipes

asked by Bek over 5 years ago

ZombieCupcake

Strawberry, almond slivers and spinach salad with a nice light balsamic vinegar, smoked salmon and you could do brownies in a cupcake pan to make them individual servings sprinkled with fleur de Sal

How about a selection of food popular in Hollywood during the 1940s and 1950s: cocktails, for sure, Caesar and a few other salads from the era, avocados, oranges, etc. Google some of the popular retaurants like Chasen's or the Brown Derby, for ideas. Aim for glamor and glitz!

Chopped BLT salad come to mind.

ATG117

I think you can have a lot of fun by making interesting pizzas. Buy the prepared pizza dough you can get in a refrigerator aisle a and top with things like creme fraiche, lox and chives; prosciutto, figs, and, goat cheese; ricotta, spinach, and garlic; carmelized onions and gruyere. Options are endless and you can serve a large green salad, soup (butternut apple or another favorite), and chocolate mousse for dessert. (I think mousse is making a comeback.)