I want to host a Hawaiian themed dinner party. I have an idea to slow cook some pork but not much else. Any ideas of side dishes/desserts?

I have decorations and cocktails sorted so it's purely the food - don't mind cooking something low and slow but the support dishes need to be relatively quick to put together

asked by Lewy over 6 years ago

chairmanhu

My best friend is Hawaiian and no Hawaiian event with him is without a Spam dish. I recommend spamusubi- slices of spam pan fried with teriyaki sauce served on sushi rice and wrapped in nori. Macaroni salad is also a very common Hawaiian side dish.

chimera

Ahi poke would be good - and it's easy to prepare.

Another recipe to indulge the Hawaiian appetite for Spam http://www.food52.com/recipes... For an appetizer I would substitute hard shell tacos. But the recipe remains the same.I served this to guests without telling the contents. Several people pleaded with me for the recipe.

Hawaiian Bread. The supermarket product is good.
And pod up "IZ" (Israel "IZ" Ka?ano?i Kamakawiwo?ole ) version of "over the rainbow" and "it's a beautiful world"
And for camp factor the theme from the Hawaii 5-0.

ChefOno

As long as it's the original score, not the one they mangled in the remake.