🔕 🔔

4cc38b64 6692 42be 81f7 24b3e7bcda7f  img 2088

I make my version of this recipe all the time and have not waited for granules of sugar to melt and it turns out great. It does smooth out even moreafter you add the egg.

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

I made it yesterday and the sugar did not completely melt, Christine is right it smoothed nicely when I added the egg and the brownies were amazing.

9a61d3c7 2821 4579 8601 c61c43d1c19f  img 0472

I made them yesterday and I noticed the same thing. I converted my measurements to grams and for a minute, thought I made a mistake. I was even tempted to add a third egg but restrained myself. The recipe turned out great!

6cb49ef7 38b5 4eb6 aae4 04078f60ca73  how to make a custard part 1
Shuna Lydon

Shuna is a pastry chef in New York City and author of the acclaimed blog Eggbeater.

Yes, the sugar with never "melt." This recipe is absolute brilliance because you are basically "making chocolate" with cocoa, butter and sugar, and the beating of the batter at the end massages out the flavors and textures that would be there already if actual chocolate were in the batter. I have made this recipe hundreds of times and it never fails to amaze me.