recipe translation, English to Spanish

Anyone know of an online source to translate a couple of my recipes into Spanish? Or if you're interested in helping me out with translation, let me know. I can pay you in cookies.

asked by mrslarkin over 5 years ago

ZombieCupcake

O Cookies... I'll learn lol

I have done entire conversations here, it's great. You may have to do in pieces but it works. Try it! http://translation.babylon.com/english/to-spanish/

Me gusto COOKIES! Pero mi Espanol es malo ....

fiveandspice
fiveandspice

Emily is a trusted source on Scandinavian Cuisine.

If you can't find a site or anyone specifically from the community, my husband would probably be willing to do it! He lived in Mexico and Central America for a while, so his Spanish is really good, though that was like 10 years ago now, so it is also slightly rusty. :)

Pierino - and in the spirit of Mark Twain, look up next November - if you don't already know it - Art Buchwald's Thanksgiving column, when he wrote from Paris for an American newspaper, explaining the Jour of Merci Donnant

Nancy, Let me contribute Calvin Trillin's name for the cincture that is part of the winter constellation "O'Ryan".

Can't help on Spanish, but should you need Italian...
Be wary of machine translators, the results can be unintentionally hilarious.

Good to know!

fiveandspice
fiveandspice

They can be absurdly hilarious! I had a friend who would use google translate to try to write me emails in Norwegian, and I almost always found myself in tears laughing at the notes because they were so funny.

Dona

My son lives in Costa Rica. I can get him to translate for you.

Thanks so much, you guys. I really need an actual human. I've been down the google translate path and it's hilarious! Dona, I'll message you through the website. Emily, you're on stand by, if that's okay.

Back in the day before machine translators Mark Twain translated his short story "The Jumping Frog of Calaveras County" into French and then from the French back into English. The result was screamingly funny.

Dona

MrsLarkin, I sent the recipe to my son, and spoke to him. He said no problem. I'll send it on when he emails it back.

Dona

I emailed your recipe this morning. My son, who translated, likes to cook and said he's going to try your recipe.

Got it! Wow! That was super rapido! Thank you Dona. Now, I wasn't kidding about the cookies. Message me an address, please!

I have a couple more recipes needing translation. Let me know if he'd like to do some more.

mensaque

Too bad I'm late to the party!!!I actually find "Google Tradutor" very helpful sometimes when I need some spell checking.You just need to have some patience and good judgement...and...full knowlege of the two languages involved so you won't make a fool of yourself,hahaha!Soooo,being the cookie monster that I am,if you still need some help,this Brazilian girl over here(whose forefathers were from Spain and Argentine)would be so glad to offer you an uninterested hand...no interest at all for the already mentioned cookies!It all came from my heart,hahaha!

Thanks, menasque! I'll add you onto my backup list!

Dona

I sent him an email, asking if he can do a couple more. Waiting to hear back.

Manuel

Sure! I can, especially veg cook............ (:-)

Marley

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 pounds beef flank steak
1 cup beef broth
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 small onion, sliced
1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon white vinegar

You mean that hunting guy in the southwest sky?
(Meant to place my reply near your frog note; glad you saw it.)