🔕 🔔

Serving bite-sized foods for friends. suggestions on finger-food veggies to accompany, preferably dippable?

asked by @ATLAndrew over 4 years ago

Ea614c4c 65a0 4dd8 be64 476376d8cf8d  will

I'm always a fan of pepper strips, especially red, yellow, and orange. I like to balance these with green vegetables like sugar snap peas and raw broccoli. (Of course http://food52.com/blog... )

I like serve: blanched young carrots (keep the stems on + slice in half lengthwise), cherry tomatoes & fennel cut into strips lengthwise. For a "dip" I usually season a small bowl of my best olive oil with salt & pepper. Its rustic, very different and usually a hit.

Watermelon radish (if you can find them), peeled and cut into wedges for dipping.

Cd4936f2 2555 42a6 bab6 b78ae625f4ec  img 3538

I have been totally addicted to watermelon radish the past few; so, so pretty as well. Certainly worth the 'wow' factor.

Dip-able veggies to me is always the obvious carrot and celery. But to add interest is peapods or snowpeas. I like halved radishes and some cukes cut in sticks. I personally like cauliflower and broccoli florets, esp if the dip is right for them, like a feta, kalamata type dip. I do not find that many people really eat the multicolor bell pepper strips, although they look pretty in an arrangement. In general, as long as you have an assortment, it will look good, and everyone can go for the veggies that they like.

609271d6 306e 4b3e 8479 9d404fb84e73  moi 1

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

Beet cubes would work great too, as long as you can provide skewers or toothpicks to prevent fingers fom staining. (And I am thinking goat cheese, or blue cheese dip)

9a61d3c7 2821 4579 8601 c61c43d1c19f  img 0472

Arancini (risotto balls) rolled in breadcrumbs and fried, served with aioli? Mini meatballs and maranara sauce? Fried polenta fingers and bolognaise. Mini crabcakes with aioli.

PS: I know those aren't veggies, but I figured I'd list them in case you are feeling adventurous.