Serving bite-sized foods for friends. suggestions on finger-food veggies to accompany, preferably dippable?

William Widmaier
William Widmaier March 8, 2013

I'm always a fan of pepper strips, especially red, yellow, and orange. I like to balance these with green vegetables like sugar snap peas and raw broccoli. (Of course http://food52.com/blog... )

susanm
susanm March 8, 2013

I like serve: blanched young carrots (keep the stems on + slice in half lengthwise), cherry tomatoes & fennel cut into strips lengthwise. For a "dip" I usually season a small bowl of my best olive oil with salt & pepper. Its rustic, very different and usually a hit.

pierino March 8, 2013

Watermelon radish (if you can find them), peeled and cut into wedges for dipping.

Summer of Eggplant
Summer of Eggplant March 8, 2013

I have been totally addicted to watermelon radish the past few; so, so pretty as well. Certainly worth the 'wow' factor.

nutcakes
nutcakes March 9, 2013

Dip-able veggies to me is always the obvious carrot and celery. But to add interest is peapods or snowpeas. I like halved radishes and some cukes cut in sticks. I personally like cauliflower and broccoli florets, esp if the dip is right for them, like a feta, kalamata type dip. I do not find that many people really eat the multicolor bell pepper strips, although they look pretty in an arrangement. In general, as long as you have an assortment, it will look good, and everyone can go for the veggies that they like.

QueenSashy March 10, 2013

Beet cubes would work great too, as long as you can provide skewers or toothpicks to prevent fingers fom staining. (And I am thinking goat cheese, or blue cheese dip)

darksideofthespoon
darksideofthespoon March 11, 2013

Arancini (risotto balls) rolled in breadcrumbs and fried, served with aioli? Mini meatballs and maranara sauce? Fried polenta fingers and bolognaise. Mini crabcakes with aioli.

darksideofthespoon
darksideofthespoon March 11, 2013

PS: I know those aren't veggies, but I figured I'd list them in case you are feeling adventurous.