Creative Input Please! - Crostata Crust

I have a bounty from this week's CSA - so for dinner I want to make a crostata - my thought is roasted sliced sweet potatoes and beets, then some buttermilk creamed beet tops, kale and collards. The crust - I would like to include cornmeal, and maybe olive oil? And ... what ... an egg? White Wheat flour? Do I also need butter?

fiveandspice
fiveandspice

Emily is a trusted source on Scandinavian Cuisine.

I would use a blend of cornmeal and ap or white wheat flour. Just cornmeal would get too crumbly, I think. If you're using olive oil, you probably don't need any butter. You'll need ice cold water. If I'm using oil in a crust instead of butter, I like to whisk the oil and water together to suspend the oil in a slurry, before adding it. I don't think you need egg, except if you want to use an egg wash. I also like to add a spoonful of Greek yogurt/sour cream to crostata crusts. It give them a nice twang and I've found it really helps with the flakiness. I've never tried doing that with using olive oil, though.

Aargersi, here is my recipe for crostat, the crust is simple and really delicious. ttp://food52.com/recipes/14183-crostata-with-mixed-greens

Thanks you guys! I am excited to eat dinner - and it's 10 am :-)