🔕 🔔

Any tricks to prevent homemade almond milk from separating in drinks ( iced coffee for example ) ? It tastes good just not very pretty in the glass..

asked by DLP over 4 years ago

120fa86a 7a24 4cc0 8ee1 a8d1ab14c725  me in munich with fish

Have you ever tried using a pinch of xanthan gum in your almond milk? Xanthan works wonders for our homemade hot sauces, which were separating out and looking rather ugly. It also gives liquids more body and smoothness. I would give it a try and see if that works.

DLP

Thank you! I will give it a try!

Soy lecithin in ideal to keep nut milks emulsified. I used to find it next to xantham gum in bobs red mill packets at grocery stores and even Walmart, but recently it seems to have disappeared from distribution so you want to look for soy lecithin granules usually in the health supplement aisle now.

Xantham gum works like arrowroot or cornstarch to thicken.