🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Easy Kale Chips

19e4f697 bbbd 4081 9b74 2dffe82a5c86  vintage mixer kale chips 7

I have a question about the recipe "Easy Kale Chips" from Becky Rosenthal. Would it make a difference to mix the paprika, cumin and salt into the oil then mix them with the kale?

asked by wietje almost 5 years ago

No difference, its still the same flavor profile and should yield the same results and less mess. Go for it and make your life easier!

0bc70c8a e153 4431 a735 f23fb20dda68  sarah chef
Reiney

Sarah is a trusted source on General Cooking.

The spices would probably clump in the oil and result in an uneven distribution (not to mention unappetizing globs of spices). I'd keep the dry together (mix those if you like) and then sprinkle evenly around.

01871832 e14e 4de6 a8f9 a8f2fe489329  2016lydiapic

A quick whisk avoids clumping. I would think this enable a more even distribution of whatever herbs and spices one might choose to use in this recipe. It's just that cumin and paprika would not be my first choices.