🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Farmhouse Whole Wheat Bread

F8665be8 6c27 4310 9d87 7aa88841b0fd  dsc 3247

I have a question about the recipe "Farmhouse Whole Wheat Bread" from thirschfeld. Can I substitute the butter for something else like oil?

asked by Elizabeth Baylis over 4 years ago

This is Tom's recipe, not mine, but off the cuff I would say, sure. At the same time, one cube of butter equals 8 tablespoons, so 3 tablespoons is a fraction thereof. If you don't have, or are vegan, go ahead and sub 3 tablespoons of olive oil for the butter. Tom, what do you think?

Well now that I've read the list of ingredients which include buttermilk, I'm guessing that vegan considerations are the least of yours, so go ahead and sub olive oil for butter and forge ahead.