Where can I buy almond macaroons in New York?

A few years ago, I went to Gloucester, Mass. and bought my favorite cookies, almond macaroons, at one of the loacal Italian pastry shops. These are unlike French macaroons, which have become increasingly popular stateside. Although I could make the long drive to Gloucester, I have to assume that there are one or more places in the New York area that also sell these. Suggestions greatly appreciated. Thank you.

asked by RussellW over 5 years ago

FutureChef

Are you thinking amaretti? To me, those are the Italian version of the French macaroons. And sorry I only know a great place for French macaroons which would be Francois Payard's!

RussellW

I'm thinking of the soft version. Amaretti are similar,but not the same.

If you would venture into Brooklyn, Court Street Bakery on Court Street in Cobble Hill has a wonderful array of Italian pastries and cookies.

RussellW

Will do. Fingers crossed.

Here is the address and phone number, also there are other Italian bakery's on the same stretch of Court Street, Caputo's and a couple of others. Best of luck!
298 Court St
Brooklyn, NY 11231
Neighborhoods: Cobble Hill, Carroll Gardens
(718) 875-4820

Also, maybe try Arthur Avenue in the Bronx. Old school Italian groceries, meats, cheeses, pastries, pasta, etc. (think Little Italy was 30 yrs ago.) Far more authentic than trendy overpriced places like Eataly.

RussellW

Success! Court Strret Pastry Shop had them right up front. Deelish! Many thanks for all suggestions.

Yay!! I love Court Street, they have the best pasti ciotti and other Italian pastries as well. So glad you found them.