🔕 🔔

pecorino romano equivalent in spain?

I've just moved to Barcelona and am wondering if anyone knows the Spanish equivalent to Pecorino Romano? They don't really sell Italian cheese here. Thanks for your help!

Caitlin

asked by Caitlin Trenzano over 4 years ago

4cc38b64 6692 42be 81f7 24b3e7bcda7f  img 2088

Since Pecorino Romano is a hard aged sheep milk cheese, I'd look for a 2 year aged Manchego for the most similar texture and fat content. Mahon is a cows milk cheese, but it has a similar texture to PR. I think it is a bit winier and fruitier, while Pecorinos are nuttier and saltier, but it is a delicious cheese that may meet your needs.

E1ad54ea 845e 42c8 b99b b7d2e758fbaa  310413 265365603483603 958194558 n

Thank you Christine!

B2ed5b9a 1b6d 4720 9a36 ffe78b9f2a1a  gobblegobble

Roncal is an aged sheep's milk cheese. You could check that out.