🔕 🔔

Any tips for getting sandy grit out of asparagus?

asked by Yummymummy over 4 years ago

Amanda recommends a quick blanch: http://food52.com/blog... ;o)

Marcella Hazan recommends soaking most vegetables in a large pot of cold water including zucchini, squash and asparagus (and others). All of her books have excellent preparation techniques, such as how to peel a tomato or bell pepper, I highly recommend them. I would soak them in a few changes of water as she prescribes.

Salad Spinner! I use it for cilantro too. You'll be amazed at the quantity of sand left behind!! Spin it in both directions for optimum results!!

Grit in asparagus? Now that our asparagus is ready, I'll be eating it every day for a month. I've never had any grit, with asparagus from the store or the garden. Maybe you need another source. I do rinse the dirt off.