Just saw a recipe that included an ingredient called Pimm's No. 1. What is it?

A bitters?

pierino May 21, 2013

It's a liqueur. Very popular in New Orleans. You can probably find it at Bev Mo.

sfefyfas
sfefyfas May 21, 2013

Traditional Pimm's No 1
A British drink very popular in summer...
Take a glass and fill it with ice, mix one part Pimm's No. 1 with 3 parts chilled lemonade, add some mint, cucumber, orange and strawberry.

dymnyno
dymnyno May 21, 2013

Pimm's Cup is originally from England. There are #1 through #6, with #1 being gin based, #2 Scotch and also rum and vodka. They were a premixed concoction that was meant to be mixed with ginger ale, soda or fruit juice. I remember serving #1 with a cucumber slice back in the day when I was a bartender. I haven't seen any of them on bar menus in quite a while

TobiT
TobiT May 21, 2013

I think it is an herb or fruit-based liqueur. Never seen it in a recipe (except drink recipe).
Drink with club soda over ice, topped with a slice of seedless cucumber; great summer cocktail and wonderful salve to mildly upset stomach after day on the beach or on boat, too much sun, perhaps a little sunstroke or seasickness... Not that I speak from experience...

jmburns
jmburns May 22, 2013

It is the Queens Drink.